About St Peter’s College
St Peter’s College has an unwavering commitment to the education of boys and our vision is to provide to be an exceptional community of learning. Our values of Truth, Respect and Service are a strong and constant part of School life.
We are a school with a rich tapestry of history and tradition. St Peter’s College was founded in 1847, just 11 years after South Australia was established. The School is set on 32 hectares of magnificent grounds and is only three kilometres from Adelaide city centre.
St Peter’s College is an Anglican boys’ school, offering an exceptional education to approximately 1,500 students from the Early Learning Centre through to Year 12.
We believe that diversity contributes powerfully and directly to the quality of a boy’s education. We are committed to being a boys’ school that promotes responsible relationships and positive attitudes towards girls and women. We are uncompromising in being a safe and inclusive learning community respectful of diverse backgrounds of race and ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, and nationality.
We are honoured to have been educating the minds, hearts and spirits of students for more than 170 years. We are proud of our old scholars and their contributions to society and our illustrious alumni include three Nobel Laureates, 10 Australian premiers and 41 Rhodes Scholars.
About the Role
The Head of Middle Years is responsible for leadership of the day to day operations and wellbeing of all students in Years 7 and 8. The Head of Middle Years reports to the Deputy Headmaster/Head of Senior School and is a member of the Pastoral Care Team and the Senior School Leadership Team.
Leading a team of exceptional educators, the Head of Middle Years will lead and support appropriate middle schooling pedagogy as well as be responsible for the following:
- ensuring a smooth transition into Year 7 for all students and into Year 8 for all boys new to the School
- leadership and development of key pastoral leaders involved with Years 7 and 8
- leadership of the behavior, management and expectations of students in Years 7 and 8
- implementation of Year 7 and 8 Pastoral Care Programs,
- liaising with the Director of Sport and HPE regarding the engagement of students in the sporting life of the School
- supporting the Director of Outdoor Education in the planning and delivery of successful Year 7 and 8 ventures and
- supporting the spiritual dimension of the School.
The successful applicant will:
- be a passionate educator
- have demonstrated through professional experience qualities of leadership, communication skills, community, school relations and school improvement
- be vitally concerned about the needs and wellbeing of students
- possess knowledge of, commitment to and demonstrated application of the policies and practices relating to Work, Health & Safety, Risk Management, Equal Opportunity and Human Resource Management
- demonstrate an awareness of the central role wellbeing plays in enabling all students & staff to flourish
- demonstrate an awareness of the principles and practices of positive psychology in an education setting as an educator and leader
- be able to communicate sensitively and confidently with staff, parents and students and
- possess outstanding organisational, planning and time management capabilities.
For a confidential discussion about this position, please contact Danielle Finnimore, Director of Human Resources or to submit your application apply below.
Applications close: Monday 17th of June 2019.
This position will commence January 2020.
The successful applicant will be expected to satisfy child protection screening, and adhere to the School’s Child Protection Policy. St Peter’s College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.