About St Peter’s College
St Peter’s College has an unwavering commitment to the education of boys and our vision is to provide to be an exceptional community of learning. Our values of Truth, Respect and Service are a strong and constant part of School life.
St Peter’s College is an Anglican boys’ school, offering an exceptional education to approximately 1,500 students from the Early Learning Centre through to Year 12.
We believe that diversity contributes powerfully and directly to the quality of a boy’s education. We are committed to being a boys’ school that promotes responsible relationships and positive attitudes towards girls and women. We are uncompromising in being a safe and inclusive learning community respectful of diverse backgrounds of race and ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, and nationality.
About the Role
The Safety, Risk & Compliance Officer, in consultation with the Manager Projects, Risk and Compliance, will be responsible for the ongoing implementation, review, and continuous improvement of the School's Risk Management, Compliance & WHS frameworks, systems, policies and procedures.
The Safety, Risk & Compliance Officer will work across the whole school from ELC to year 12 as well as related School and Community groups.
Areas of responsibility:
- Monitor and review policies, processes, tools, etc. within the Risk Management, Compliance & WHS frameworks with a view to continuous improvement;
- Implement effective solutions to support the School’s Risk Management, Compliance & WHS objectives (in line with the School’s Project Management framework);
- Support the implementation of implementation of technology solutions to support the management of risk and compliance;
- Work with Human Resources to identify professional development opportunities that support an increased awareness of and conduct of risk management and compliance activity across the School;
- Triage and manage WHS incident reporting;
- Administer WHS Staff Representative Committee meetings, which includes preparing and coordinating committee meetings, agendas and papers; and
- Act as the School’s return to work coordinator.
The successful applicant will have:
- Relevant qualifications & experience in safety, risk management and compliance;
- Demonstrated computer literacy and the ability to use Microsoft Office applications (especially MS Excel);
- Demonstrated knowledge of WHS, fire safety, workers compensation and anti-discrimination legislation, frameworks and government policies and practices;
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in risk management practices;
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in compliance oversight and reporting;
- Experience managing communications within staff, departments and organisations to achieve identified specific outcomes; and
- Outstanding organisational, planning and time management capabilities.
For a confidential discussion about this position, please contact Danielle Finnimore, Director of Human Resources or to submit your application apply online now.
Applications close: Monday 17th of June 2019.
The successful applicant will be expected to satisfy child protection screening, and adhere to the School’s Child Protection Policy. St Peter’s College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.