Full time, Temporary position (8 months parental leave)
About the opportunity:
The School is seeking an experienced and highly capable person to undertake the role of Communications & Marketing Manager.
You will be responsible for the delivery of the School's strategic Communications & Marketing Plan, resulting in the enrolment of students, protection and enhancement of the School’s reputation, positive engagement with the School community and the generation of philanthropic support.
The position reports to the Chief Advancement Officer on all matters, both operational and strategic, that relate to communications & marketing, and the effective functioning of the Communications & Marketing Department. The Communications and Marketing Team forms part of the Advancement Office, which brings together the activities and programs of Development (fundraising and philanthropy), Alumni Relations (old scholars), Community Relations, Archives, Communications and Marketing and works particularly closely with the Admissions team.
Who we are looking for:
Our ideal applicant will be able to demonstrate the following skills and personal qualities:
- Demonstrated success working in an equivalent role with a minimum of 7 years’ experience.
- Possess a relevant tertiary qualification in Communications, Marketing and/or Media.
- Proven experience dealing with media.
- Possess an understanding and broad experience of digital technologies and their application.
- Proven success in devising and delivering campaigns to meet business objectives.
- Experience in generating content and applying across a range of communications platforms.
- Proficient in budget management.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including well developed copywriting skills.
- Proven project management skills with the ability to plan for and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to establish priorities and sequence activities.
- Initiative to originate action rather than respond to the direction of others.
- Ability to motivate others and act as a positive influence.
- Strong customer focus.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality, sensitivity and exceptional professionalism at all times.
- An awareness of the current educational market place and its impact on School enrolments and marketing.
A detailed position description and details about the School are available when you click through to apply.
Interviews will be scheduled for the week beginning 4 June 2018.
About St Peter's College:
Founded in 1847, St Peter’s College is a leading independent Anglican school for boys and is located adjacent to the CBD of Adelaide. The School is uncompromising in its commitment to be world class and at the forefront of boys’ education. At Saints, we provide rigorous and extensive academic and co-curricular programs, while always maintaining a focus on shaping the character of the boys and young men in our care. Our vision is to be a world-class school where boys flourish and our mission is to provide an exceptional education that brings out the very best in every boy.
Please include a cover letter as the first page of your resume.
Applications should be addressed to Sharon Kennedy, Human Resources Coordinator, and include a cover letter, CV, together with the names and contact details of three referees, one of whom should be your current direct line manager.
Applications Close: Friday 25 May 2018 - Apply Now!
The successful applicant will be expected to satisfy child protection screening, and adhere to the School’s Child Protection Policy.
St Peter’s College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.