About St Peters College
Founded in 1847, St Peter’s College is an Anglican boys’ day and boarding independent school situated in Adelaide, South Australia. The School has 1,520 boys from Early Learning Centre through to Year 12, including 92 boarders.
St Peter’s College is uncompromising in its commitment to being at the forefront of boys’ education: providing an environment where all boys flourish regardless of their ability.
Academic entry to St Peter’s College is non-selective. We believe that diversity contributes powerfully and directly to the quality of a boy’s education. We are committed to being a boys’ school that promotes positive attitudes towards girls and women. We are uncompromising in being a safe and inclusive learning community, respectful of backgrounds diverse in their race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, nationality and religion.
About the Role
We are seeking to appoint a Director of Learning to provide leadership of the academic program of St Peter’s College. This position is a key executive role reporting directly to the Headmaster. As a member of the Senior Leadership Team, you will work collaboratively to facilitate the achievement of the School’s vision, mission and strategic goals.
The successful applicant will:
- Be an outstanding teacher;
- An inspirational leader;
- Have proven success as a secondary educator with an extensive knowledge of contemporary educational research, theory & practice in pedagogy, assessment & reporting;
- Demonstrated leadership in developing a culture of learning excellence;
- An awareness of the central role wellbeing plays in enabling people to reach their highest potential as well as the principles and practices of positive education; and
- Possess a high level of interpersonal skills to communicate sensitively and confidently with staff, parents and students.
This position will also include a teaching load of 0.2, to be negotiated annually with the Head of Senior School.
If you are an inspirational leader, who is passionate about education and is seeking a new opportunity in an innovative school that offers a dynamic academic environment, please apply.
For a confidential discussion about this position, please contact Danielle Finnimore, People & Culture Manager on (08) 8404 0512.
Applications close: Monday 11th of June 2018