- This role is a casual (12 month) position
- The remuneration is accommodation and meals during term time
- Maximum of three nights per week
About St Peter’s College
Founded in 1847, St Peter’s College is an Anglican boys’ school located adjacent to the CBD of Adelaide. With an enrolment of 1,320 students from Early Learning Centre to Year 12, the School caters for a wide range of student backgrounds and abilities. The School has an excellent reputation for both academic and sporting achievement.
Our goal at St Peter’s College is to develop educated, considerate and outward looking your men who will use their talents responsibly for the good of the wider community. In order for us to deliver on our promise we focus on attracting and retaining staff that have the skills, capabilities and passion to provide the best possible education for boy.
Applications are sought for the casual positions of Boarding House Assistant.
Boarding at Saints
Boarding holds a central place in the life of St Peter's College, and the sense of community and camaraderie that boarding brings is of great benefit to the School at large.
Saints' goal with boarding is to create and deliver a safe, homely boarding experience that aptly serves the function of family and community.
About the Role
The Boarding House Assistants are responsible for providing high quality pastoral care to boys and to assist the Head of Boarding and other Boarding House staff in the daily routines involving the care of students and general functions of the Boarding House.
The role is a casual (12 month) position requiring the successful incumbent to sleep in designated shared "overnight" accommodation when on duty (maximum of three nights per week). All meals are provided during term time.
The remuneration for this position is accommodation and meals during term time.
A full position description is available for download when you click through to apply.
The successful candidates will:
- Experience working in a similar role.
- Have a current National Criminal History Record clearance or be willing to undergo a National Criminal History check.
- Willingness and ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to work alone and without close supervision and to recognise when matters require referral to the Head of Boarding.
- Hold or will be willing to obtain a Provide First Aid certificate.
- Demonstrate an awareness of the central role that wellbeing plays in enabling boys to flourish.
- Ability to plan work and establish appropriate work priorities.
Click the "Apply" button to go to our online application process.
Address your application to Sharon Kennedy, HR Coordinator and all relevant details, together with the names and contact details of two referees.
For details about the School visit the School’s website at www.stpeters.sa.edu.au
Enquiries about the position can be made to Ray Pearson - Head of Boarding on 08 8404 0472 or to Sharon Kennedy, HR Coordinator on 8404 0513.
The successful applicant will be expected to satisfy child protection screening, and adhere to the School’s Child Protection Policy.
Applications close - Monday 25 February 2019
St Peter’s College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.