About St Peter’s College, Adelaide
St Peter’s College has an unwavering commitment to the education of boys and our mission is to provide to be an exceptional community of learning. Our values of Truth, Respect and Service are a strong and constant part of School life. Today, and for more than 170 years, our most important work is shaping the character of the boys and young men at Saints – developing a sense of service, courage, commitment and integrity.
We are a school with a rich tapestry of history and tradition. St Peter’s College was founded in 1847, just 11 years after South Australia was established. The School is set on 32 hectares of magnificent grounds and is only three kilometres from Adelaide city centre. With beautiful buildings, both historic and modern, our educational facilities and sports fields are among the best in the country. Our grounds are extensive, with seven ovals, a hockey pitch, 10 tennis courts and a state-of-the-art sports centre with swimming pool and full gymnasium. We also have an outdoor education campus in Finniss, near Lake Alexandrina, about an hour’s drive from Adelaide.
St Peter’s College is an Anglican boys’ school, offering an exceptional education to approximately 1,500 students from the Early Learning Centre through to Year 12. We also offer boarding facilities and our modern Boarding Houses provides a homely, safe and comfortable experience for about 100 boys from Years 7 to 12.
We are honoured to have been educating the minds, hearts and spirits of students for more than 170 years. We are proud of our old scholars and their contributions to society and our illustrious alumni include three Nobel Laureates, 10 Australian premiers and 41 Rhodes Scholars. A team of dedicated staff ensures St Peter’s College provides the best educational experiences for our boys. Our skilled staff work across a wide range of areas including teaching, IT, finance and corporate services, and grounds and maintenance. Each staff member plays a valuable role in ensuring the School nurtures educated and considerate young men.
About the Role
The position of Events Officer plays a significant role in enhancing the School’s reputation and engagement with key stakeholders including parents, donors, staff, students and the broader community. The incumbent will devise and deliver a wide range of events that foster community spirit and help deliver the School’s strategic goals. The Events Officer will also provide advice to colleagues across the School to ensure the highest standards of delivery and optimal guest experience for events.
The successful applicant will:
- Recognised qualification in event management or related discipline.
- At least five years’ experience working in an equivalent role with demonstrated experienced in delivering small and large scale, and indoor and outdoor events.
- Experience in using CRM or similar database (for example Synergetic or Raiser’s Edge).
- Some experience in designing marketing collateral related to events (for example invitations and menus) using InDesign, Canva or similar.
- Demonstrated experience in designing, implementing and evaluating events to meet strategic business objectives.
- Demonstrated ability in managing events to schedule and budget.
- Demonstrated experience in the development of external networks and managing relationships.
- Working knowledge of and adherence to WH&S, Equal Opportunity, Risk Management and privacy legislation and their application to events management.
For a confidential discussion about this position, please contact Erica Benn, Marketing and Communications Manager on (08) 8404 0523 or email [email protected]. To submit your application apply below.
Applications close: Friday 26 April 2019
The successful applicant will be expected to satisfy child protection screening, and adhere to the School’s Child Protection Policy. St Peter’s College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.